Project: MSF Europe Migrations
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration: 3 month contract (with high possibility of extension)
Post 1Conditions: Part-Time position.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. MSF in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrant populations fleeing conflict in their home countries.
Performing the tasks of transporting authorized goods and passengers in an MSF vehicle, ensuring its technical and safety conditions and respecting the country's traffic rules and MSF security rules, in order to provide a safe, smooth and efficient service.
- Checking daily, the technical conditions of the assigned vehicle (state of the tires, oil, fuel, brakes, radio equipment, spare parts, etc.), performing weekly check according to the MSF Logbook, refilling it when necessary, and keeping it clean to ensure it can be driven in perfect conditions. Carrying out a hand over if another uses the vehicle
- Ensuring the security of passengers in the vehicle, driving carefully, observing speed limits and traffic rules in the country as well as MSF security rules, in order to avoid car accidents.
- Ensuring all passengers have all necessary papers in order before travelling, and ensuring non MSF staff sign disclaimers of responsibility before using the vehicle
- Ensuring correct loading and unloading of the vehicle, submitting the documents to the receiver of the goods, checking the status of delivered goods, returning the duly completed documents to Logistics and ensuring that the goods have the necessary documents
- Ensuring that all vehicle documents and the driver's driving license are valid and in the vehicle.
- Informing the line manager of any incident involving the transportation of passengers and/or goods.
- Knowing and respecting the security rules related to vehicle movements, specifically those related to customs, checkpoints and roadblocks. Ensuring all passengers know and respect the security rules
- Essential literacy and professional driving license (C class). Good knowledge of country roads.
- Essential 2 years minimum of previous driving experience
- Desirable experience with specific vehicles to use (4x4, boats, motorbikes, etc.)
- Desirable in MSF or other NGOs.
- Essential Greek and English language.
- Results and Quality Orientation.
- Teamwork and Cooperation.
- Behavioral Flexibility.
- Commitment to MSF principles.
- Cross-cultural awareness.
- Stress Management.
- Part-Time position.
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Health Insurance.
Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English quoting reference code "Driver Chios” in the subject line of the e-mail at: MSFCH-Chios-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org
Closing date: 15/02/2019
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted